Finish

This was supposed to be a quick project to get back into the swing of things.

free machine quilting

 It has taken rather longer than I had planned, guess it was all those filler stitches (note to self: not good for a quick project).


free machine quilting

I love the texture that lots of stitching gives a piece though, so I am glad I did it, and I now have a new cushion.


free machine quilting

I even put a zipper in using a tutorial from House on the Hill

pillow

When I started this piece, I chose the dark stitching to add contract to the pieces of fabric that were very similar in value.

quilting blog

Comments

  1. Hello Deborah... oh really beautiful is the finished project is... And you now tempted me fully that I should also try one... as I have many hand painted silk pieces so I can go for multi coloured cushion... very very lovely and its such a creative idea... a bit different from routined quilting... its creativity ...
    Happy Valentine’s Day … hope you spare a little bit of your valuable time for me …
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! Well worth the extra time to convert this from a "quick" project to an "amazing" one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pillow and fantastic creativity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts