hand painted fabric friday

A couple of weeks ago I showed you this.
This is how it looks now.

hand painted fabric

The tree was added with one big stencil that I cut out of freezer paper.

hand painted fabric

To be honest it has been looking like this for a while as I have kind of hit a brick wall with it. I can't decide if it needs something else, or whether the tree is enough of a focal point. What do you think?

hand painted fabric

I am the featured seller on the Etsians on facebook forum today. If any fellow Etsians are reading this I would love it if you popped over to say hello!

art quilting

Comments

  1. I think the tree is enough - it's a big tree after all. :) Beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think by the time you quilt it, it will be great!! I dont think you need any more. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's perfect, just needs a little quilting. Love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I liked it before the tree, in fact I pinned it on Pinterest. I do like the tree, the only thing you could add would be a ground line to fix the tree into the print. I do really love it though, great job!

    http://pinterest.com/2leapord/quilting/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like sparkle, and to me it looks like either a coral tree under water or a bare winter tree in a heavy frost, so I would love to see sparkle either by beads or by sparkly thread, or both! I say see, rather than what I would do, because I have never quited before. I have just read through the pages on your website and because you show how to quilt and how to personlise the kits, I'm going to buy one and during Christmas, I'm going to get my sewing machine out of the loft and have a go. Love your website, especially that you show how to do things and how to achieve a look and make it your own.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't email you a reply C but I just wanted to say thank you for your comment, I am happy that you find this blog inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts