Are you ready for your close up?

painted art quilt

The painting has been done, and you are getting close up angled shots.

painted art quilt

Gloomy, wet conditions here mean that it is still wet. Plus the light is not good for photos.
I have tried to inject a bit of summer colour while we wait for the Jet Stream to move!

painted art quilt

 Maybe this was a bit too much, but never fear.

painted art quilt

A few more warm colours and a bit of toning down has resulted in this.

painted art quilt

There might be few more light patches when it has completely dried!
I am not sure what I feel about this at the moment. I am fighting the urge to get a dark thread and stitch around the flower design.
I think I prefer the back!

painted art quilt

I can see this working on a cushion or table runner maybe but as a piece of art I'd need something more. I have gone back to look at the work of June C Barnes and can see that I could achieve more contrast with the right choice of colours. More experiments with this technique are needed I think.

painted art quilt

Well, that is it!!
I have reached the end of the scrap bag !!! Time to move on to other things.
I hope you will check back on Friday for an overview of the whole project, and and my thoughts on the experience.

painted art quilt

Comments

  1. Oh, the front it stunning, but you are right - the back is pretty magical too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried her technique a while ago, using Procion dyes and a cotton thread, along with wool batting. The thread took the dye really well and the colors turned out great. It's hard to do all that FM work, THEN paint or dye your piece, but it's definitely fun! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the close ups of the stitching, beautiful piece. I like the idea of a cushion done in stitching, need some for my couch, so something I can think about.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - it's all amazing, but I do love the back! Exciting process, and I am sure you will do WELL with it, in whatever direction you decide to take it, Deborah! And always... love the coral/orange/yellow combos! Feels good and happy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the colours! Love the design, and great pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I love high contrast, so I would have left it in it's original bright state - but yours is more artistic. ;)

    Like you, I LOVE the back and its set me off on a "how to" for this ... making reversible pieces...

    Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. both front and back stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is not the usual kind of quilting blog and these are a whole different kind of quilts! I love the vibrancy of the colours here - they're bound to shift that jet stream! xCathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts