Festival Of Quilts Workshop


I have put together a new class for the Festival of Quilts.

I knew that my usual fabric painting classes would be a bit of a no no without easy access to water and sinks
but I still wanted to do a class that reflected my love of painting on fabric.


So I have put together "Picture it With Paint" which will explore how to put together a number of textile landscape scenes and how to utilise fabric paint, along with a few other bits and pieces, in order to make that process easier.


We will also be looking at how we can take the same designs and produce them in a different way.


This is a non stitching class. All the work done on the day is about preparing the pieces prior to stitching but never fear there will be plenty of discussion and samples of how pieces can be stitched during the class.
I have taken this approach because I want people who are attending the festival to be able to just roll up without too much worry about lugging along lots of supplies.
Or follow this link to the Festival of Quilts new website.
I am totally thrilled to have been invited to teach at the year's festival.
My class is on Saturday 10th August and for the rest of the show I will be on my booth in the Quilting in Action section.
Hope to see you there!




Comments

  1. That is going to be a wonderful class, wish I lived closer. Love how you do the backgrounds for your quilts and hopefully I can do some this summer after I finish the things I am working on.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would seriously love this class but we are out of the country this year for the FoQ. I think it is earlier than it usually is. Not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Deb. Now I can see why you have been so quiet lately. You've been busy 'plotting and planning'. I think you've got it spot on - sounds like it will be a wonderful learning opportunity for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You're class is sure to be wonderful! Your art certainly is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts