Knitting and Stitching Show 2015

Quilt Routes
My not very good shot of the Rose window.

As you may already be aware I did a couple of workshops at this year's Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexander Place London. It really is a lovely venue. It has a bit of history to it. The BBC made it's first ever broadcast from here.
Outside it has fantastic views over London, but the real draw for me is that my best friends live just down the road so my visit it was a combination of work and pleasure.

Knitting and Stitching 2015
Michala Gyetvai

It was nice to have the time to wander and look closely at the exhibits and here are a few shots of some of my favourites.
I have been a long time fan of the work of Michala Gyetvai and it was lovely to meet her and to see more of her work close up.

Knitting and Stitching 2015
Michala Gyetvai

Knitting and Stitching 2015
SAQA Food For Thought

It was also another chance to see the winners from this years Festival of Quilts and to have another look at the SAQA Food for Thought exhibit.

Knitting and Stitching 2015
Cynthia St Charles

In that exhibit was this piece by Cynthia St Charles. I think her blog is one of the first that I ever followed, so I was thrilled to see this piece. Underneath all the stitching and layers I knew that she has screen printed some of her grandmothers recipes to the cloth. 
It highlighted the fact that seeing something in the flesh beats the virtual as this photo certainly doesn't do justice to the rich tones and the fabulous stitching.

That's it!
There were lots more wonderful things of course but I put my camera away and just enjoyed!
Thanks for visiting.

Quilt Routes


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts