Skipping over...

...the fact that that I haven't blogged for over a year....
I want to tell you what has been going on in my small corner of the Universe.

quilt routes

Last July I returned to Crafty Retreats in France where another lovely group of ladies joined me for a week of painting, stitching and eating. 😊 This time the wonderful ladies who travelled to work with me came from the U.S.A and Sweden, along with a few Brits from England, Scotland and Wales.

quilt routes

You can see close ups of all the lovely hares that were created here. (Click on the image to scroll through the selection.) I will be back at Crafty Retreats in France and Cornwall next year, and again in 2019.

In August I was back at the N.E.C. in Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts, ably assisted by daughter. I love this piece that she did for the Portrait Shuffle gallery.

charlotte o'hare


For the rest of the time I have had my head down writing a book, due out March next year.
It has been a long process and one that took up any time left after giving talks and workshops and general family commitments. I take my hat off to those stellar people who seem to be able to keep all their social media balls in the air while doing everything else. I have never been one of those people who is blessed with huge amounts of energy and so something has to give. That coupled with the fact that I couldn't really share with you the things I was working on meant that things have been very quiet here. Obviously, more about the book to come but in the meantime here is a close up of something I did while in France.

deborah o'hare

Oh, also add the fact that I dislocated my elbow at the beginning of September which has meant that I am slower getting back into the swing of things than I had initially planned. I have been keeping my arm moving with a bit of E.P.P. though, along with some help from the physio.

deborah o'hare

I know blogging has taken a back seat with the rise of other platforms but I am very fond of my blog space. It has opened up a whole world to me that I would never have imagined possible. It has also allowed me to forge friendships and for these things I am truy grateful.

So if you thought that I had abandoned this space you would be wrong, and if you have taken the time to read this post I thank you.
Until next time...


Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. Nice to have you back , you have been busy and some day I would love to take that workshop with you , I may need to win the lottery first though 😉 Hope your elbow is improving .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. My elbow improves all the time and i hope you win the lottery some day :D

      Delete
  2. Welcome back girl! Wonderful results from the ladies on the workshop in France too, that must be so rewarding when you see such fantastic results.
    Put us at EYES down for the book please, for our library : )
    I may need one too of course lol
    Actually Ive managed 2 blog posts since june but am getting back into the swing again because I too missed it, despite having few stalwart readers lol
    Hope your back on form fully now and glad the NEC was a success for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed your posts. Look forward to a blog update from you soon!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your elbow, and no idea what E.P.P. is, but looking forward to your book! I must do a blog post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny dropped on EPP! Brain was going down a physiotherapy route!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all the different versions of your quilt, done by the ladies. Your daughter's quilt is wonderful. I hope your elbow heals soon, I hurt my arm last winter and it doesn't see to want to heal, maybe because I am always using it, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. Thankfully I have to keep using my arm to keep it from seizing up. Wanting to sew is a great motivator to keep me at my exercises.

      Delete
  6. So good to see you back here :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts